Columbia United Providers (CUP) is subject to the federal HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules. As such, we understand and respect the privacy of the healthcare information we receive, use, and disclose.
We consider all of our member information to be PHI (Protected Health Information). Except as otherwise limited by law, User may use or disclose PHI to perform functions, activities, or services for, or on behalf of, CUP members as specified in the Data Sharing Agreement between CUP and User’s business entity.
[Note: For the purposes of this agreement, “User” is defined as anyone who visits the public portion of the website or anyone who logs into the secure portion of the website.]
It is the User’s responsibility to:
- Use the CUP website only for authorized purposes, and in compliance with applicable laws
- Keep your User name and password secure
- Use the CUP site in any way that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the CUP site or interfere with any other party’s use of the CUP site
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any information, documents, records, accounts, devices, systems or networks connected to CUP through hacking, password cracking, IP spoofing or any other means.
- Advise CUP immediately if you ever suspect (i) that the security of your User ID has been compromised, (ii) that protected health information is being unlawfully used or disclosed, or (iii) that the CUP system has otherwise been compromised.
Services Availability and Limitations:
Columbia United Providers (CUP) will attempt to keep the CUP website available at all times, but availability may be interrupted from time to time for maintenance, repair, upgrade or other activities, due to technical problems, or due to natural disaster or other emergency. The CUP website is intended to be available through all standard commercial Web browsers operating on standard personal computers, through standard commercially-available Internet access. The quality of content presentation and download speeds may vary depending on the software, equipment, and Internet connections used.
Limitation of Liability: